Friday, July 5, 2013

Another Busy Week Winds Down - I hope

My beautiful feral, Jag, spent her first night in the kennel Saturday night.  I was running in to check 0....98on her constantly and she was pretty sad looking probably because she was recovering from her dental surgery the day before.  At least she appeared to be comfortable.  And she was safe allowing her to sleep soundly and give mouth time to heal.
Jag in recovery not looking too happy

Over the next few days Jag seemed ok but I also felt she was a little depressed because she was being held captive. It must have been very boring for her even though I spent as much time with her as my schedule would allow.  She enjoyed her grooming sessions and would purr instantly when I brushed her.  Her appetite was a bit up and down but by yesterday I saw a marked improvement.  She also seemed brighter.

This morning, one week after surgery,  I checked on her first thing and she really seemed perky and happy.  Maybe she really did understand that my plan for her was to return her to the colony as soon as possible.  A few hours later, with Jag safely contained in a carrier, she and I left for her real home with fellow feline buddies Ollie, Doodle and Spirit.


Jag in carrier in back of cat rescue mobile
free at last!!
I will look forward to feeding tomorrow.  I bet she will be back to her old self now that she is home.

Moe Update
Moe is a feral I helped get the medical attention he was desperately in need of last week (see blog post June 28 - A Busy Week).

Jen is Moe's caregiver and she called me Wednesday evening to say that she had just released Moe.  He had stayed at the vet's office for 9 days so that he could recover from his horrible URI, dental surgery and neutering.  Jen says he was the cleanest she has ever seen him in the 6 years she has been caring for him.  I was so pleased to hear the good news.  Moe will be much happier now that he is neutered.  No more fights, or at least fewer fights.

Tuesday with Annie Sparkles and Howie

Annie Sparkles and Baby Howie
My dear little Annie has a bald spot on her neck which I discovered late last week and was keeping  a close eye on over the long weekend.  Tuesday I decided she needed to visit Steve the vet.  Turns out she has a hot spot.  Steve gave her an antibiotic shot and I have to apply a solution twice daily that takes the itch away. 

A few hours later I was rushing back to the vet, but this time with Howie.  He fell into a bucket of TSP and wallpaper glue.  Yikes!  I am in the process of washing walls in my guest room to remove the glue from the walls.   The wallpaper is off but the glue remains and I want to paint so it means getting the glue off.  I was just about finished the section I was working on so the bucket was pretty yucky.  I quickly got Howie into the laundry tub rinsing him off in warm water.  But before I was able to catch Howie he had licked his paws a few times so I was concerned.  Once rinsed and partially dried my husband and I dashed off to the vet's office again with the carton of TSP.

Warning label on TSP container



In the end nothing awful happened to Howie because I was able to get him rinsed off so quickly preventing him from licking the TSP and watery glue off his body.  What could have happened is that by ingesting TSP the inside of his mouth and all the way down to his stomach could be burned causing blisters.  I am so glad that Howie is okay but he is barred from entering the guest room while I'm working with the TSP.

Pub Kittens
Tuesday Robin called me about some kittens that had been discovered living behind a pub, so Wednesday I left home early, well early for me to see if I could find the kittens.  We needed to find out how many kittens there were and approximate age.  I had to knock on the door because the patio is behind the pub.  Karen was expecting me and took me out back were we found three kittens, a black, a torbie and a ginger.  Initially I thought they were 6/7 weeks old but after some consideration, think they are maybe 8 weeks old.  Robin is hoping to catch them this weekend.

Pub Kittens
Now it's time to give little Howie his before bed snack and then we are going to sleep.


1 comment:

  1. Omc so much going on. You take such good care of all of them hug hug hug. Thank you for all you do and sharing your stories with us

    Goodest bestest floofiestness

    ReplyDelete