Wednesday, February 10, 2016

She likes me, she really likes me





It was just over 13 years ago when I met Ollie, one of two remaining cats in the East Side Gang, and in all that time I have not be able to pet her. Any time I did touch her she hopped away quickly, so I didn't push my luck.  She has the most beautiful little face and my dream is to someday be able to kiss the top of her sweet head.

Every morning when I arrive to feed breakfast Ollie comes out to meet me.  I stick my finger out and she will give it a quick sniff. Over the past couple of weeks she has taken it a step further by rubbing the side of her head on my finger and sometimes both sides.  I was thrilled.  Today she really got into it and rubbed the side of her head and top of her head on my finger.



The other wonderful event is she will now eat treats from my hand.  I love that she does this.  I am beginning to believe that petting her and scratching behind her ears might be a possibility.  See short video from earlier today......



In January 2015 when both Doodle and Jag crossed the Rainbow Bridge that was the end of my friendly ferals.  I used to be able to pet them, groom them and kiss the tops of their heads.  They had learned to trust a long time ago.

It feels quite amazing to me to have finally reached this point with Ollie after such a long time when I didn't think it would ever happen.  I am going to go at her pace, but sure hope I don't have to wait another 13 years to be able to pet her.


No comments:

Post a Comment