Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gracie Update

Recovering
Dear little Gracie had her surgery yesterday to put a pin in her back leg so the bone can mend.  According to my sister, Vicki, the surgery went very well and the break was a clean break so the bone fit back together perfectly.

I spoke with Vicki today and it seems that Gracie is going to stay at the clinic for the next two to three weeks to recover and then we'll find out if she can go home.  She needs to be restricted in her movement so the kennel is her temporary home.  Vicki feels that Gracie is very content to be in the kennel because she is warm and there is a steady source of food, not to mention head skritches.  If I wasn't so far from the clinic (over an hour's drive) I would be visiting her and kissing the top of that soft sweet grey head.

Gracie is currently 4.4 lbs.  That is shocking for a cat believed to be about a year old.  I look at my Annie Sparkles who is also a year old and she is 10 lbs.  Gracie is very underweight and I wonder how much longer she would have survived outside with a broken leg and not much food had she not been found.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet lil Kitteh she gonna heal she be warm and get fed and loves. She he going to get forever hone after that. I know she gain weight now she being so well taken care of and goof care of vet

    Lots of hug hug hug
    Goodest bestest floofiestness

    ReplyDelete